My Baby Girl’s 1st Birthday!

We just had my baby girl’s 1st birthday party {sniff, sniff}.  I can’t believe how fast one year went by!  It honestly does seem like a short while ago I was rocking in her my arms to sleep at night and now she’s almost walking.  I have two beautiful children so I think I’m done that’s why I’m savouring every moment with my baby but she’s one now!!  Whatever, she’s still my little baby forever!
This is the decor in my foyer.  A little french banner and tissue flower garland.
my baby girl's 1st birthday www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Turn your french riddling rack/drying rack {I know many one of you bloggy-ladies have one} into a display for your baby’s photos!
my baby girl's 1st birthday www.somuchbetterwithage.com
I took photos of my baby girl every month in the same white chair.  I printed those photos on my home printer on cardstock and hung them on the rack.  I added her age on each photo {through PicMonkey}.
my baby girl's 1st birthday www.somuchbetterwithage.com
my baby girl's 1st birthday www.somuchbetterwithage.com
The chicken wire basket holds the favors for the little guests.  {Click here to see more about the invitation and favors.}
my baby girl's 1st birthday www.somuchbetterwithage.com
birthday party  www.somuchbetterwithage.com
birthday party  www.somuchbetterwithage.com
birthday party  www.somuchbetterwithage.com
first birthday party www.somuchbetterwithage.com
first birthday party www.somuchbetterwithage.com
And now on to the dessert table!  I made these delish cupcakes and pink sprinkles cake.  {For the cake and cupcake recipes, click here}
first birthday party www.somuchbetterwithage.com
girl first birthday party www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Here’s my beautiful family…
girl first birthday party www.somuchbetterwithage.com
My baby girl’s sneaking some icing off the cake..thatta girl ;)
girl first birthday party www.somuchbetterwithage.com
They went a little crazy unwrapping the gifts!
girl first birthday party www.somuchbetterwithage.com
She’s waiting patiently for her brother and daddy to put together one of her birthday gifts.  Sooo precious.
girl first birthday party www.somuchbetterwithage.com
She got tired of waiting.  Now she’s eating a pickle LOL
girl first birthday party www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Happy first birthday, sweet baby girl!  We love you. xoxoxo
my baby girl's 1st birthday www.somuchbetterwithage.com
I bought the napkins, favor bags, tissue pompoms, cupcake wrappers from Kara’s Party Ideas.

For  more in this series:

Linking up to these parties

Comments

1. says

Dear Jamie! I loved your Baby Girl’s Birthday Party!
    GREAT Idea with the photos!!! I loved the details!
    I am looking at everything then I see the burlap tablecloth… wait a minute… I have seen this before!!!! I was the one that bought your stools!
    I am so happy to see you are blogging again!
    SInce then I changed my blog to http://www.restory.ca
    I have been struggling with the change! Today I made a change form Blog reader to Bloglovin that one of my Blog friends recommended. So now I will read all the blogs I follow with Bloglovin. It is faster to make comments and keep connected! I just need to figure out how to add bloglovin icon to restory.ca… one thing at a time!
    I am so happy I found you again!!!! Congratulations on your beautiful family and the wonderful party! Claudine

• says

Hi Claudine!! I’m so glad you found me! And thanks for letting me know your new blog website! I’ll have to remember that about Bloglovin. I have so many things on the go right now. I’m going to check out your new website now!
      Keep in touch!
      Jamie ~ Better With Age

2. says

Such a great idea with the pictures of your baby on the chair! I remember the day when my baby girl turned one, such sweet memories! Your decor is beautiful Happy Birthday to your darling little daughter. Thanks for stopping by and following, I am also your new follower.

3. says

Oh my gosh, I’m so glad I stopped by your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine and commenting on the cupcakes. Your baby’s first birthday party looks wonderful! Really so creative and sweet. Such good memories for me too, I STILL remember my baby’s first birthday and that was 17 years ago! :) I like your style, I’m following you now too. :) Take care, Sharon

4. says

How totally darling this is! My “baby” girl just turned 9 last week and this made me think back to her first birthday. I know it’s cliche, but the time really does go so quickly. Great job making her first birthday extra special and memorable with your beautifully thought out details. You have a lovely family!

Jeanette @ Creating A Life

5. says

What a special family you have! The decorations are perfect and I love that thingie that I don’t own (gesh… you would think I would by now!. The postcards hanging from it are delightful. How wonderful to have the insight to take the photos the way you did! Can’t wait to see what creative project you come up with next!

• says

LOl Thanks Christina! Actually, I think it’s called a drying rack. A riddling rack is similar but made of wood. They used to hold wine bottles to dry but now are sold in stores as mug holders. Whatever it is, it comes in handy ;) Thanks for stopping by!
      Jamie

6. says

What a beautiful party. I love everything about it and how it was so tastefully done, so whimsical. You have a beautiful family and you can tell you put your heart into the party making it a special event for your little girl. That photo display is darling..what a great idea to do that photo in the same place each month. Just love it.

7. says

What a sweet birthday party! Your kids are adorable and you have so many cute ideas! I love checking out how other people celebrate their children’s birthdays. Savor every moment when they are that little! I can’t believe how fast the years go by! Thanks for stopping by to see the Lego party!
    -Shelley

8. says

I love your sweet party! Why does it go by so fast?? My little girl is 8 months and I feel like time is just slipping away from me and I’ve already started collecting ideas for her first birthday party! Pinning this for inspiration!

9. says

Holy smokes, you are so creative and I absolutely loved the style of your little girl’s birthday. So glad you found my blog because I’m a new fan of yours! I also loved reading your about me section, beautifully written. I’m taking my first trip to Paris this summer and I can’t wait!

Trackbacks

1. [...] And before I continue, let me just say that I LOVED this bedskirt.  Mostly because I put a lot of hard work into making it.  One day I might show you a tutorial {did I mention it was a lot of work??}  We’ve moved homes so many times that our bed was falling apart.  We both loved the look of an upholstered bed so we just went for it.  But I did up-cycle my bedskirt to this tablecloth for my daughter’s 1st birthday party {you can read about the party here} [...]