Two Little Stools

My hubby came home one day with these old stools {this was actually years ago…didn’t want you to think I was super speedy with my crafts}.  They were old, ugly and black which would’ve been fine but they also stunk of smoke as he found them from a bar that was closing!

I painted them white and distressed them a bit and used them on and off for quite awhile.  But I never really loved them, if you know what I mean.  They were just some ‘blah’ stools.

Numbered stools www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Untiiilllll…I added some cute numbers to them!
I just printed some large numbers from my printer then cut them out with an exacto knife.

Numbered stools www.somuchbetterwithage.com
I taped the numbers on the stools and lightly painted with black paint.
Numbered stools www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Numbered stools www.somuchbetterwithage.com
I lightly distressed the numbers and brush a matte polyurethane over the whole top.
Numbered stools www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Numbered stools www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Numbered stools www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Numbered stools www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Voila!  So cute ;)

Linking up to these parties

Comments

1. says

I did this same thing to two stools for my daughter’s first apartment. Only I painted the seats black and the numbers white for contrast. She used these for a year then didn’t need them any longer so I sold them.

2. says

Those are so cute now. Love that little change ;) I have a black stool, and I am still trying to decide what I want to stencil on it? I take forever to decide things. lol

Happy New Year :)

3. says

Very Clever! I’ve got a couple of stools in our basement that would look great with a change like this! Come on by the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop every friday on my blog and share your creativity! I think you’ll love our little community! Happy New Year!
    Deb

4. says

Hello, my name is Rondell and I just found your blog at Wow Us Wednesday! I have a stool like that and I’m always going to do what you just did to yours, just never get around to it:) I think this will be my first project for 2013…quick and easy!
    I’m your newest follower too!

5. says

Great idea, glad you showed ‘how’ – a think that cutting out the letter and making a stencil would work so much better then tracing and free hand painting. I’m following so I remember to come back and read more of your posts.
    Joy

6. says

Oh my goodness, Jamie! I love these stools. I, too, have two tired ones just waiting to be refreshed. I think I’m going to try this method, but with the colors reversed. I need the stools to be black, but plan to do the numbers on white. I’ll let you know how they turn out! Thank you for the inspiration:)