Party Curtains and Pompom Flowers!

Okay, another party post!  Are you still with me?
This one is on how to make those backdrop party curtains for your dessert table and the pompom flowers I made.  First, the curtains!
Party curtains www.somuchbetterwithage.com
I reused some sheer curtains from Ikea that I no longer use in this house.  I can’t find the exact same ones I bought years ago but these ones are similar {a little more sheer though} and only $5.99!!
The ones I bought actually had tabs on them so I cut the tabs off, ironed over a fold and stitched it in place to make room for a curtain rod.  Instead of using a curtain rod for this project, I threaded through some twine so it would give it a nice swag.
Party curtains www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Party curtains www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Next I put up some 3M Command Strips, 3 in total.  They are removeable and don’t leave any marks on the wall! Bonus!  I made a loop on each end of the twine and hung it up.  I used 4 panels so the heaviness of it made the nice swag.
Party curtains www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Party curtains www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Pompom flowers  www.somuchbetterwithage.com
So I cheated and followed Electically Vintage’s pompom flower tutorial.
But I didn’t make mine with a fork.  I got a pompom maker from Michael’s so I could get bigger pompoms ;)
Pompom flowers  www.somuchbetterwithage.com
Jamie
Love, love, love French, Vintage, Industrial & Beachy decor, DIY projects, organizing, baking pies from scratch and throwing parties. So glad you're here!
Jamie

Comments

1. says

I am deeming you the Best Party Planner EVER !!! You have the cutest ideas and use the best colors.. Just love all your party stuff. Thanks so much for giving us so many great ideas.. LOVE those pom Poms.. I dont know why . I just love em .. LOL want some just to look at in my office LOL … Have a blessed week … TOODLES

2. says

Jamie, everything you made is sooo cute! I want a whole vase full of yarn pom pom flowers now!! Thank you so much for sharing at Pretty Things this week :)

xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

3. Jessica @ A Humble Creation says

I’m still with you! Lovin’ these party posts, as are a lot of people as evidenced by all the repins on Pinterest! Thanks for sharing the details with us at the Monday Makeover par-tay!

4. says

The curtain is such a sweet backdrop and Kelly’s pom pom idea turned out adorable. I’ve been wanting to copy that myself but haven’t gotten around to it yet. Nicely done. Thanks for the tips on how you did the curtain. Like the idea of hanging it with the twine. The swag is definitely where it’s at!
    Liz @ Quirky Vistas

• says

Kelly! I’m so glad you found me ;) It’s been on my to-do list to email you that I put your blog on my party post. Your post gave me the inspiration for the flowers!! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
      Hugs, Jamie

5. says

love love love, everything about this post! The pom poms are so cute! Now, I’m going to have to go pull out my pom pom maker;)! Thank you so much for linking up to Every Day is an Occasion! Have a great weekend! Smiles, Jill

6. says

Oh WOW!!! The decor is fabulous!!

Thanks so much for partying at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Can’t wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening!!

7. says

This is awesome! This looks so simple, but great for parties! What a great idea Jamie! You are a Featured Favorite this week on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes! Thanks for sharing with us last week, we can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to this week! Have a great weekend!
    Mackenzie :)

8. says

Love the idea of using curtains with banners. I am always looking for good event inspiration & photo props. Thanks for inspiring. Your newest follower. Theresa

Trackbacks

Love every one of your comments!